With some eight families laying the groundwork, Bethel Church formed in 1962 with three purposes in mind:
- To win people to the faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior;
- To encourage individual Christians to attain more depth in Christian experience and to develop stronger Christian conviction and character;
- To provide the Houston area with a church that is elder led, conservative in doctrine, and evangelistic in outreach.
God has transformed us from that original group of eight families in 1962 to our present fellowship. By His grace we continue to pursue the purposes on which we were founded for His honor and glory.
Our Senior Pastors
- Philip Blair Jones served as the first pastor: April, 1962 – September, 1962
- Dr. Edwin A. Blum: January, 1963 – 1971
- Dr. Robert A. Tolson: August, 1971 – 2002
- Dr. Michael Boys: September 1, 2002 – November, 2011
- Wayne Smith: August, 2013 – January, 2022