The Pastoral Search Committee is excited to let you all know that we have moved into the next phase of the search in which we are actively reviewing candidates for Senior Pastor at Bethel.
Throughout the last month, David Lyons of MinisterSearch has met with the Session and the search committee for many hours to better understand Bethel’s needs and desires for a new pastor. The MinisterSearch team will be using the information David has gathered through these meetings along with our guidelines for the search to select potential candidates that could be a good match for Bethel. We have also had the opportunity to review potential candidates who have applied directly or have been recommended by the Bethel family. We greatly appreciate your involvement in the process and would like to encourage you to continue to send your recommendations to the committee at email@example.com.
Things to pray for as we move forward:
- Thankfulness for where God has Bethel today and for the direction He is guiding the church.
- For our Elders as they take on the responsibility of leading the church.
- That God would prepare the hearts of the congregation to receive the pastor that He is leading to us.
- Patience for the congregation as they await the process of selecting a new pastor.
For the Committee:
- That we would be able to discern God’s leading and not be distracted by our own desires for the church.
- Pray that the committee has wisdom and foresight to select candidates who have vision and skills to lead us where God is taking us, even if it is someplace we have never been.
- Unity of the committee in the purpose of God's Word and the declaration of the gospel.
- That each of us would get rid of our old sinful habit of always expecting to get our own way.
- Ability for each of us to be teachable.
- Courage for each of us to hold others accountable and be held accountable when necessary.
- That we would not get worn out with this process before we are finished.
For the Search:
- For discernment for David Lyons and the team at MinisterSearch as they begin their search process.
- That God would lead the right candidates to us through this process.
- That God would show us what is most important as we consider strengths of various candidates.
- That we would have meaningful discussions without over-analyzing.
- That Satan would be bound from our work.
- That God will correct our mistakes and graciously provide where we fall short.
We would be very encouraged if you would pray with us through these specific requests and let us know that you are joining us in prayer.
Wed, June 27, 2012
by Pastoral Search Committee filed under